Friday, February 13, 2009

fishermen (and fisherma'am) sweaters

Any local worth her wait in silvers knows that the fisherma'am sweater is where it's at!
Appartently, the fashion world calls this a "shawl collar sweater," but I prefer the other name--the name that invokes old salty dawgs with big beards and corncob pipes off the coast of Maine.
And those rosy-cheeked fishmongers (or pastrymongers) in Valdez, like Magpie below! (photo by me)




















(photos from Banana Republic and J.Crew)

When I moved here I knew I needed to find meself one of these fashion statements! And luckily, like all good things should, after a few weeks of thinking (and searching), it came to me! I snagged a cool, North Face version on sale at The Prospector. I do wish however that I could have gotten one at the thrift store in Glennallen for $5 like Magpie but there'll be other fish in the sea!

No comments: